The client is Europeâ€™s largest transport provider which operates some 20 000 buses across 14 European countries, providing essential daily services for millions of people. The client needed â€˜One version of the truthâ€™ reporting for a trusted and shared way to manage finance information and minimize the need to produce lots of manual reports.
Previous integration efforts introduced a lot of point to point solutions resulting in complex architecture, which adds significant effort onto each project and technical debt in terms of ongoing support. Integration became a problem by demanding a lot of attention and effort of IT teams, losing focus on the more critical tasks,
- Many business-critical applications, for example Corporate Data Warehouse, had no integration layer, which led to performance issues such as prolonged periods to restore service following application failures,
- Existing integration components were not documented properly, making it hard to maintain and improve the integration flows,
- The organization also dealt with the lack of management and monitoring tools and as a result some of the systems had to be restored manually upon failures,
- Complexity and inefficiency of the existing integration solution led to a larger budget allocation for integration, especially during the implementation of new large enterprise systems,
- Integrating SaaS systems (such as Workday), with the existing IT infrastructure became a significant hurdle as well, mostly due to the high cost as a result of local IT teams needed to be highly skilled in order for the integration to be successful.
- InterWorksâ€™ team implemented modern and flexible integration solution using SnapLogic iPaaS platform, which supported clientâ€™s integration needs and provided trusted and efficient way to view and manage information about finances, people, suppliers, fleet and consumables across the enterprise,
- A new integration platform that established the foundation for the future growth and proper business intelligence of accurate and consistent information about the company’s business,
- SnapLogic’s scalable and robust cloud technology enabled seamless integration of cloud based and on premise business applications. The replacement of incumbent legacy systems and tools delivered significant annual cost savings,
- Integration team implemented common set of processes to enable business activities, established trusted and shared way to view and manage consistent information about the business and introduced single set of master data to help deliver a single view to the customers.
Benefits and Results
- The reduction of integration complexity by introducing unified, scalable and easy to maintain integration solution led to 30% reduction in deployment and maintenance costs,
- The new integration solutions provided 360-degree view of company’s entities and assets that leaded to significantly increased asset utilization,
- The effort to connect and communicate with industry leading on premise and SaaS based applications (such as SAP and Workday) was reduced by 40%,
- The client achieved less duplication and more automation for better management of customer records and payments improving the overall company cash flow. Cost controls were enforced by approving spending before goods or services are ordered,
- A complete view of vendors, materials and contracts across the company, which significantly improved management decision making process.