Duration: 36 months
Used in the right way, a data warehouse can give you a lot of benefits starting from minimizing inconsistent reports and providing the capability for data sharing to increased fact-based decisions and innovative customer engagement campaigns.
One of our clients, a large telecommunication service provider in the United States, wanted to establish efficient mechanisms in order to extract data from various and heterogeneous enterprise data sources (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server), perform complex data transformations and calculations and load the data into Amazon Redshift as a central enterprise data warehouse. The warehouse was later used by many BI tools in order to build a wide spectrum of reports that meet the requirements of a diverse set of business users.
Interworks delivered a cost-effective and robust solution that quickly ingest, prepare and deliver big data in Amazon Redshift, consisted of different submodules to more effectively manage the entire lifecycle.
Benefits & Results
- Data from multiple sources is integrated in the warehouse providing a single view of business entities like customers, products, employees, locations and other assets.
- Unified data access increases the value of data through efficient visualization.
- Real-time information delivery enables a number of high-value business practices and makes data available for dashboards and other types of operational or management reports, represented using a different set of BI tools.
- Data synchronization processes tend to integrate data frequently depending on the needs that increase data currency.
- Increased productivity for 40% by allowing employees to focus their time on analysis and understanding the data instead of compiling and constructing information.
- Ability to automate hourly, daily, weekly reports and keep entities updated based on their performance against key metrics and KPIs.
- Gained improvement of precisely calculated time savings in thousands of hours per month.
If you want to read the complete case study, contact us on the button below.